A civil partnership is an important legal relationship with many consequences. Our family law solicitors provide expert assistance to couples with any aspect of their civil partnership, ensuring our clients are informed of their position, prepared for the future and able to find solutions should any family issues arise.
Legal advice on civil partnerships in Scotland
Family law is a complex area that often requires sensitivity and discretion. At Nellany & Co, we provide clear and practical advice aimed at helping our clients find solutions for all manner of civil partnership matters, including:
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements – we regularly negotiate, draft and review pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, ensuring that it reflects our clients’ circumstances, takes into account future plans and aspirations and will help to avoid any confusion or conflict
- Adoption – we have vast experience in all manner of child law matters and will provide expert support and guidance throughout the adoption process
- Separation – we regularly advise clients as to their rights and responsibilities on separation, helping them to put arrangements in place that reflect their circumstances, whether informally (without taking legal action), or formally via a separation agreement (a written agreement setting out financial, property and/or child arrangements), or judicial separation (a court order that stops the obligation to live together without dissolving the civil partnership)
- Dissolution – assisting clients to formally bring their civil partnership to an end either via the simplified or ordinary procedure, depending on the circumstances, and helping them to identify and resolve financial, child and other matters relating to the end of their relationship
- Financial provision – providing advice and assistance to resolve financial issues, whether through a voluntary agreement or by applying to the court for financial support
- Children – helping clients with their children and child law matters, including contact, residence, parental rights and responsibilities, interdicts and other issues
- Converting a civil partnership to a marriage – providing advice on the process of converting a civil partnership to a marriage and the legal consequences, including drafting or reviewing the terms of a prenuptial agreement
Contact our Family Law Solicitors – Ayrshire, Scotland
We strive to go above and beyond what is expected of a lawyer and take pride in being trusted advisors to our clients. Whatever advice and help you need concerning your relationship or family, please don’t hesitate to contact our approachable, loyal and reliable solicitors.
We have been serving the local community for over 30 years and are one of Ayrshire’s most respected law firms.
Legal Aid may be available.
From our offices in North Ayrshire, we serve clients all across Scotland, including Saltcoats and Ardrossan, Skelmorlie and Stewarton, Ayr and Irvine, Kilwinning and West Kilbride, Troon and Prestwick, Largs and Fairlie, Kilmarnock and Kilmaurs.