Separation and Divorce
Separation or divorce is an incredibly difficult experience. The decision to bring a relationship to an end will rarely be reached easily, and maintaining a cool head while trying to disentangle what was a shared life and put practical arrangements in place can be especially challenging. In such highly charged circumstances, it’s important to have the support of sympathetic family law solicitors who can provide objective, practical advice and assistance aimed at protecting your interests. At Nellany & Co, we will be there for your every step of the way, helping you to find and implement solutions tailored to your unique circumstances.
Legal support through separation and divorce
The complex legal issues raised by separation and divorce, and the impact they can have on the family, means that they often need to be handled with sensitivity and discretion. At Nellany & Co, we provide clear and practical expert legal advice aimed at helping our clients find effective solutions. Amongst other things, we have vast experience assisting clients with:
- Separation – we regularly advise clients as to their rights and responsibilities on separation, helping them to put arrangements that in place that reflect their circumstances, whether informally (without taking legal action) or formally via a separation agreement (a written agreement setting out financial, property and/or child arrangements) or judicial separation (a court order that stops the obligation to live together without dissolving the civil partnership)
- Applying for divorce – we have vast experience helping clients navigate both the simplified and ordinary divorce procedures, identifying relevant issues and making representations in court if required
- Child arrangements – our family and child law solicitors have vast experience helping clients throughout Ayrshire resolve issues concerning child contact, residence and child maintenance
- Division of matrimonial property – helping clients to properly identify and fairly split matrimonial property, with properly account being taken of any economic advantage or disadvantage suffered by either party
- Financial provision – we regularly assist clients to consider all the financial circumstances, including pension arrangements, to help them negotiate and agree (or apply to the court, if necessary) an arrangement that protects their interests
Contact our Separation and Divorce Solicitors – Ayrshire, Scotland
We strive to go above and beyond what is expected of a lawyer and take pride in being trusted advisors to our clients. Whatever advice and help you need concerning your relationship or family, please don’t hesitate to contact our approachable, loyal and reliable solicitors.
We have been serving the local community for over 30 years and are one of Ayrshire’s most respected law firms, with clients based across the county, in Skelmorlie and Stewarton, Largs and Fairlie, to Troon and West Kilbride, Ayr and Prestwick.
Legal Aid may be available.
35 Chapelwell St,
Ayrshire KA21 5EB
Tel: 01294 464175